Single Serve Chocolate Chip Cookie (Gluten & Dairy Free)
Let’s skip the small talk and get right to the recipe, which is DELICIOUS! This giant singe serve chocolate chip cookie is gluten free, dairy free, and packed with protein and fibre thanks to the almond meal and added chia.
If you’re in the mood for something different feel free to swap the chocolate chips for M&M’s, Reese’s Pieces, or your favourite chopped up chocolate bar. And don’t forget to tag me in your creations @skactive if you make one!
Single Serve Chocolate Chip Cookie (GF & DF)
Makes 1 cookie
- 3 tbsp almond meal
- 1 tbsp corn flour or tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1⁄8 t baking soda
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 tbsp of beaten egg (crack 1 egg into a bowl, beat until mixed, and then use 1 tbsp of this mixture; save the rest for your scrambled eggs or fried rice)
- 1⁄4 t vanilla extract1 generous handful of dark chocolate chips (or your favourite chopped up chocolate bar)
- Mix all ingredients except for the chocolate chips in a small bowl until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate, roll into a ball and let the dough chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Don’t worry if the dough is a little runny as the chia seeds will expand.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Shape the cookie dough into a ball and place on a pan lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until the cookie is lightly brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven and let cool before transferring to a wire rack.
- Be as patient as you can for 5 – 10 minutes and then devour your treat!
- To get exclusive healthy recipes delivered straight to your inbox every week, (P.S. we send you a FREE gift of our most recent eBook when you subscribe)
Hi future friends, I’m Sarah King, an Accredited Exercise Physiologist and health coach.
Science, not trends is the foundation of my approach. By nourishing the body and mind with scientific facts we can build foundations for a life of realness, not just wellness.