Roast Pumpkin & Chickpea Toast
My goal this year is to make more plant-based meals and this one definitely hits the spot! Pumpkin is beautifully sweet when roasted and pairs nicely with crunchy chickpeas. Pile it all on a piece of your favourite bread and you’ve got yourself a tasty balanced meal.
Cinnamon Roast Pumpkin
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp olive oil, melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional, but adds a lovely flavour)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- Pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices good quality sourdough or gluten free bread, toasted
- Baby spinach
- Sliced avocado
- Dukkah or toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Line 2 oven trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine roast pumpkin ingredients in a bowl and toss together to coat.
- Combine crunchy chickpea ingredients in a seperate bowl and toss together to coat
- Spread pumpkin out on one baking tray, and the chickpeas out on the second baking tray
- Roast in preheated oven for 45 minutes, tossing halfway through. The pumpkin should be tender when done and the chickpeas should be hard and crunchy.
- To serve lightly smash some of the roast pumpkin on top of your sourdough or gluten free bread, top with baby spinach leaves, sliced avocado and crunchy chickpeas and enjoy!
READY TO BREAK FREE FROM FOOD AND BODY OBSESSION?
If you spend far too much time and energy thinking about your next meal, get down on yourself for having more than your daily allocated share of dark chocolate, or feel stuck in the binge-restrict cycle and are ready to reclaim your health, passions and life then the Body Freedom Academy is right for you.
This 6-week program with me is designed to transform your mindset through gentle, intuitive eating principles that set you up for a sustainable positive relationship with food and body.
Hi future friends, I’m Sarah King, an Accredited Exercise Physiologist and health coach.
Science, not trends is the foundation of my approach. By nourishing the body and mind with scientific facts we can build foundations for a life of realness, not just wellness.