Sabine McKenzie is a CCI recovery coach supporting individuals on their journey to full recovery by assisting clients with the practical aspects of recovery like tackling food fears, shopping, re-establishing a healthy relationship with movement and so much more. Today she joins us on the podcast to discuss how to identify and overcome comparison in recovery and what to do if you notice disordered behaviours of those around you.
In this episode we cover:
- Why comparison can be problematic when working on recovery from an eating disorder, disordered eating or hypothalamic amenorrhea
- Sneaky ways comparison can show up in recovery
- How comparison impacts recovery and your ability to stay true to your own goals and needs
- Helpful and practical strategies for navigating and overcoming the comparison trap in recovery
- Plus Sabine shares some tips on what to do if you notice others around you have disordered behaviours, how to navigate diet and body talk, as well as her best advice for those currently going through recovery
To join Sabine’s July Masterclass on Identifying and Harnessing the Power of Your Healthy Self in Recovery Click Here
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.