Today I’m joined again by Lucy McConnell – last time she was on the show she was a guest explaining her recovery journey and what she learned and now she’s back but with a whole new role! She’s now part of the coaching team here at sarahlizking.com and heading up the Better Balance Training programs alongside taking 1:1 health coaching clients for HA recovery.
Making a safe return to exercise is so important after recovery, but oftentimes people aren’t sure where to start, what to do, and how hard they can push. So today, we’re going to answer all those questions and more!
In today’s episode on how to make a safe return to exercise after HA recovery we’re going to be covering:
- Our own personal journeys with exercise after HA recovery
- The most common mistakes people make when returning to exercise after HA recovery
- Answering the question: is it ever safe to lose weight after Hypothalamic Amenorrhea recovery
- The best goals to set for yourself when you return to training
- When and if high intensity training is appropriate and what that looks like
- The importance of strength training for bone health
- Are PDF plans and instagram workouts ok to do after recovery? Why or why not?
- Education on understanding the menstrual cycle and performance – what you SHOULD be tracking, what that means and how to interpret it.
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Looking for a supportive recovery community? Click here to join Recovery Club and start your journey to full recovery today.
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.