Today on the podcast I’m joined by Kieran O’Dwyer from Bathurst Strength and Conditioning. Lovingly known around the gym as Coach Kizz, his mission is to optimise the health and performance of everybody who walks through the door. Whether it be to improve their athletic performance, get fit, learn to lift, keep joints strong and pain free, or hit a new PB, he is there to help.
With 8 years of coaching experience in the bank, Coach Kizz knows that hard work and building persistent healthy habits are the key to success. Today on the podcast we get a big dose of his expertise as we discuss the science of strength and conditioning.
In this episode we cover:
- What strength & conditioning actually is and how it differs from other popular forms of training
- The movement basics we should all be mastering
- The most common mistakes women make when strength training, and how to fix them
- What components make up a well-rounded S&C program
- When and how often you should be changing your program to keep progressing
- Training variables that are often overlooked
- Why a coach can be so helpful in helping you ace your technique
- How long does it actually take to build muscle/hit a PB
- Learning the importance of balancing strength and mobility
👉 Find Kieran on Instagram @builtbykizz
👉 Follow Bathurst Strength & Conditioning on Instagram @bathurstsc
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.