Today on the podcast I’m joined by Stefanie from AusDancersOverseas. Stefanie is a trained dancer herself, studying at The Urdang Academy in London, but an injury put an end to her career early on and sparked her interest in medicine.
Now a doctor, she felt that still wasn’t enough to sufficiently help dancers, so she also became a sports nutritionist. After more than 10 years in hospitals, she now sees dancers in her clinic, often virtually, and not only optimises their health and nutrition, but also collaborates with colleagues (GPs, gynaecologists, endocrinologists etc.) worldwide in order to ensure dancers receive all the treatment necessary to support them to become the best and healthiest version of themselves.
In this podcast Stefanie and I discuss:
- The day in a life of a dancer including the pressures they feel to perform and look a certain way
- Mental health struggles of dancers
- The impact of under fuelling on dancers including losing your period, the impact on bone health and so much more
- Incidence of poor nutrition information in the dance world
- What dancers need to best fuel their body
- Myths about the “ideal body type” for dancers and how this is dangerously perpetuated by the industry
- Stefanie’s best advice for dancers out there to optimise their mental and physical wellbeing for a long and enjoyable career
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.