How often do you find yourself comparing what you eat, how much and what kind of exercise you do, and what your body looks like to others?
This can be an incredibly common experience for those working on recovering from disordered eating, and eating disorder or hypothalamic amenorrhea.
Comparison often leads to feelings of jealousy, guilt, and being “not good enough” and can make it difficult to honour what your body needs to heal.
In this episode of Holistic Health Radio I discuss:
- Why comparing food choices or amount to others can be dangerous
- The scientific reason behind WHY we often compare what we eat to others in recovery
- How to stop feeling guilty about needing to eat more than others
- The assumptions we make when we compare our exercise routine to others
- How comparison invalidates our own unique experience of recovery
- Subtle ways in which you compare to others you may not even be aware of
- My number one tip for getting yourself OUT of the comparison game for good
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.