Today I’m joined by Lucy McConnell, a dietitian in the making, wine lover, decadent cheese board creator and coach here at sarahlizking.com.
Her love for working out and eating well started innocently like it does for many women, but over time spiralled to a place where her body no longer felt safe and she lost her period not once, but twice. I was lucky enough to work with Lucy to help her recover period, but more than that improve her relationship with her body and food.
Today’s interview is a deep dive into her journey including:
- Her passion for sport and fitness from a young age up until now
- When she realised her healthy lifestyle wasn’t so healthy
- The first time she heard about hypothalamic amenorrhea
- What recovery was like the first time around
- The missing pieces of recovery and why her relapse happened
- Getting her period back for good and her biggest learnings through that process
- Having Hypothalamic Amenorrhea and working in the fitness industry
- Adjusting to a new normal in terms of food, training, and lifestyle to keep her cycle for good
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.