Today I’m back with a solo episode to discuss all things activism and self-care. In this podcast I discuss:
- How body obsession detracts from your passions and pursuits
- Historical women who have made lasting impact and the rhetoric around their legacy that helps to challenge self-worth and body image ideals
- How removing yourself from diet culture can be the greatest rebellious act
- Finding your why and using that to drive positive change within yourself and the world
- Balancing your activism with self-care practices
I’m keeping this episode short and sweet this week and suggest that you take the extra time to listen to some other podcasts that include BIPOC voices as I work towards bringing a more diverse guest list to this show:
- Check out Body Trauma Pod hosted by Nia Patterson @thefriendineverwanted
- Listen to Chrissy King on F*ck it Diet Podcast where she talks about Shrinking vs Strength, and her Anti-Racism crash course for Fitness and Wellness Professionals. You can follow her on Instagram @iamchrissyking
- Listen to BIPOC voices on the Body Kindness Podcast. One of my favourite episodes is episode 75 with Sonya Renee Taylor, author of Your Body is Not an Apology.
- This List Of Books, Films And Podcasts about racism from NPR (it’s a start, not a panacea)
- White Privilege In The Wellness Industry Ft. Dana Samuel on the Diet Starts Tomorrow Podcast
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Looking for a supportive recovery community? Click here to join Recovery Club and start your journey to full recovery today.
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.