In episode 4 of Holistic Health Radio, host Sarah Liz King chats through her experience of doing a bikini competition and how the epitome of what we think is ‘fitness and health’ is really far from it.
In this episodes she discusses:
- The dangers of extreme dieting
- The mental, physical, social and emotional toll of preparing for a bodybuilding or bikini competition
- How doing a Bikini competition is what tipped her from disordered eating to a full eating disorder
- The problem with getting praise for your sick body and the knock on effect this has on your relationship with food and exercise
- How she healed her relationship with exercise and how you can too
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Looking for a supportive recovery community? Click here to join Recovery Club and start your journey to full recovery today.
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.