All too often fad diet messages skew our perception of what a healthy diet actually is, and how much energy the body actually requires when it comes to reaching our health and fitness goals.
Today Sports Dietitian Alicia Edge from Compeat Nutrition and I are going to separate myth from fact and give you the lowdown on nutrition for performance, to help you thrive as you work towards your health, fitness or sports related goals. ‘
Topics we’ll be covering today include:
- What is sports nutrition and who is it relevant for? (i.e. do you have to be an athlete to benefit?)
- The most common pitfalls people fall into in terms of their diet when living an active lifestyle
- Consequences of RED-S (Relative Energy Deficiency in Sport) and how to combat this through adjustments in training and nutrition
- Are supplements really necessary for performance and if so which ones?
- Alicia’s top tips for pre and post workout nutrition
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.