Is full recovery from an eating disorder possible? And how do you know you’re “there”?
In today’s episode I’m going to be touching on something I don’t feel is talked about often enough: defining recovery. I think so much time is spent working on the fundamental habits of eating better, exercising in a kinder way and changing your mindset around food, movement and your body, that sometimes we don’t even know what it is we’re working towards ourselves. This can sometimes mean that recovery feels like an elusive unicorn we’ll never find.
So today we’re going to explore what it means to reach full recovery – both from a research perspective by touching on the available evidence, and also from my own personal journey and point of view having gone through recovery and now considering myself recovered for several years.
In this episode of Holistic Health Radio I’ll be discussing:
- How research defines full recovery and the different aspects included in this? I.e. it’s not just physical changes, but more importantly mental ones
- What I thought full recovery was when I was going through treatment vs. what I think it really is for me now having been recovered for several years
- Why it’s important to define and think about your own definition of recovery and recovered and ways to go about doing this and sharing it with your treatment team
- Do ED thoughts still exist in someone who’s recovered?
- How to protect yourself against future relapse
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.