Today I’m joined by Ashlee Thomas, an eating disorder advocate and the co-founder of The Secret Burden. After surviving Anorexia and publicly sharing her recovery journey, Ashlee co-founded The Secret Burden with her mum in hope to start the conversation, challenge the stigma and create change in the eating disorder space.
In today’s episode of Holistic Health Radio Ashlee and I discuss:
- Her own personal journey with developing anorexia and receiving her diagnosis
- The factors that led to the development of her eating disorder
- The ups and downs of her recovery journey as she navigated treatment
- The biggest eating disorder myths and why dispelling them is important -What inspired her advocacy work within the eating disorder space
- Removing shame and stigma around eating disorders
- The importance of education around eating disorders within the community
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.