In this episode, we’ll be discussing body acceptance and how to break away from the rules that fashion says about how we should or must dress according to our body type. Our guest, stylist Kate Burgess, will share her insights on dressing to feel your best, and why it’s important to acknowledge that body fluctuations are normal. She’ll also talk about how dressing well is a really important form of self-care.
In today’s episode we cover:
- Body Acceptance: Kate will discuss why it’s important to accept and love our bodies, regardless of their shape or size. She’ll touch on the negative impact that society’s beauty standards can have on our self-esteem and confidence, and how embracing our bodies as they are can help us feel more comfortable in our clothes.
- Breaking away from fashion rules: Fashion often dictates what we should or shouldn’t wear based on our body type, but Kate will explain why it’s important to break away from these rules and find what works for us. She’ll share tips on how to dress for your body shape and how to find the clothes that make you feel confident and comfortable.
- Dressing to feel your best: Kate will talk about how dressing well can impact our mood and self-esteem, and why it’s important to choose clothes that make us feel our best. She’ll give advice on how to find clothes that fit well, flatter our bodies, and make us feel confident and comfortable.
- Body fluctuations: Kate will acknowledge that our bodies can change, and that it’s normal to have fluctuations in weight, shape, and size. She’ll talk about how to navigate these changes and find clothes that work for us, no matter what our body looks like.
- Self-care through dressing well: Kate will explain why dressing well is a form of self-care, and how taking the time to choose clothes that make us feel good can have a positive impact on our mental health and wellbeing.
By the end of the episode, listeners will have a better understanding of why it’s important to embrace their bodies, break away from fashion rules, dress to feel their best, and recognize that body fluctuations are normal. With Kate’s advice, they’ll be able to make choices that help them feel confident, comfortable, and good about themselves.
And don’t forget to join our Body Positive Styling Workshop – Fashion Fresh Start – on February 22nd. Our workshop is designed to help you embrace your body, develop a positive relationship with your clothing, and discover the power of fashion to boost your confidence and self-esteem.
This workshop is perfect for anyone who wants to break free from negative body image and embrace their authentic self. You will leave with the skills and confidence to create a wardrobe that reflects your true self and celebrates your body. We can’t wait to help you fall in love with your body and your wardrobe! Click here to sign up.
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.