Oftentimes, when I’m working with clients, an interesting conversation comes up around money. Some feel super conscious of spending any money, while others feel they spend too frivolously and can’t seem to manage their money wisely.
More often than not, what I say to clients is that “your relationship with food can often influence your relationship with money.”
The relationship that many people have with money can be seen as an extension of their relationship with their eating disorder and with themselves.
In today’s episode I discuss:
- The relationship between restricting food and restricting money
- How binge-spending can mirror binge-eating
- Labelling food as “good” or “bad” can often mean we label food similarly
- How controlling or overspending can be a symptom of low self-worth and low-self esteem
- Ways people with disordered eating use spending or saving money as a form of emotional coping
- How to break free from disordered decision making around money so you can have a healthy relationship with your finances
- Why “mindful attunement” is important when giving yourself permission to spend
- Your financial identity and how shifting it helps create a better money mindset
- Helpful ways you can rebuild a healthy relationship with money as you work towards recovery from disordered eating, eating disorders or hypothalamic amenorrhea
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.