70% of women will diet in order to fit into their wedding dress and brides-to-be are more likely to diet than the average woman.
Now you might be thinking that it isn’t that bad because they will return to normal eating after the wedding day is over but according to The National Eating Disorders Association, 35% of “normal dieters” progress to pathological dieting and from this 35%, 20-25% of them will develop eating disorders.
And if you ask us, that is 25% too many.
In today’s podcast we want to help you think about the many reasons why people feel pressure to diet or lose weight for a wedding and how to prevent yourself from falling down the wed-shred rabbit hole. In this episode you’ll learn:
- The top 3 reasons women feel pressured to lose weight before their wedding
- The average length of time people typically diet before their wedding and whether this is sustainable
- Why being smaller won’t equal having a more enjoyable wedding days
- Ways to feel your best on your wedding day that don’t involve dieting or weight loss
- How to appreciate your current body and feel comfortable in your wedding dress
- Ways to change your mindset, behaviours and refocus your energy if you feel you’re getting caught up in the pressure to change your body for your wedding day
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.