Today on the show I’m joined by Dr Izzy Smith, an Australian based Endocrinology Doctor with a passion for sharing health advice that is easy to digest.
Her mission is to promote evidenced-based advice on exercise, nutrition and medicine whilst busting silly health myths by calling out some of the dangerous fads in the wellness and weight loss industry.
When not working you can find Izzy on a run, or snuggling with her cute dachshund Arnold.
Her authentic approach to health and wellbeing has lead to a growing presence on social media and influence in the space and I couldn’t be more excited for you guys to listen to our chat today.
In this episode Izzy and I discuss:
- Her work as a doctor of endocrinology
- The latest research surrounding bone health
- How estrogen impacts bone breakdown and bone building processes
- The impact of low energy availability/RED-S on multiple hormone systems within the body
- How RED-S can increase risk of fractures even for those who have normal bone mineral density
- The role that calcium and carbohydrates play in bone health
- The 5 key lifestyle changes necessary to reverse bone loss after hypothalamic amenorrhea
- What type of strength training is best for increasing bone mass
- Whether it’s possible to reverse osteopenia and/or osteoporosis
- Practical ways you can improve bone health if you do have low bone mineral density
You can follow Dr. Izzy Smith on Instagram @doctorizzyksmith
Check out episode 112 of Holistic Health Radio where Dr. Izzy discusses HRT.
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.