Today on the show I’m joined by dietitian, nutritionist, and Credentialed Eating Disorder Clinician Georgia Hexter. She provides a compassion filled, non-judgmental space for clients to explore challenges with food, eating and body image, and is committed to collaborating with her clients to help them meet their goals.
Georgia follows a non-diet, Health at Every Size approach, and assists clients to listen to and respect their body’s hunger and fullness signals to foster calm, mindful and intuitive eating experiences. Outside of work, Georgia enjoys spending time with loved ones, her greyhound Poppy, and creating recipes. She also loves watching reality TV (Kardashians and Real Housewives), and is continuing to practice downtime/non-productive, enjoyable activities.
In this podcast episode Georgia and I discuss the connection between ADHD and eating disorders including:
- What is ADHD and what are the signs/symptoms people can look out for?
- How ADHD affects eating behaviours?
- If there certain eating disorders which are more commonly linked with ADHD or whether can they occur across all eating disorders and disordered eating subtypes?
- What nutrition and treatment considerations need to be made when a person has both ADHD and an eating disorder/disordered eating?
- What are some common struggles that individuals with ADHD face when trying to heal from an eating disorder?
- And lastly she shares some insight on treatment options and strategies for improving eating behaviours with ADHD
You can connect with Georgia through her social media and website below:
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.