If you’ve ever struggled with a rigid or compulsive exercise, it can be hard to imagine a life where your workouts feel fun, and work around your schedule instead of dictating it. Well, the good news is you CAN get there.
Today’s podcast highlights 7 key elements that underpin a healthy relationship with exercise so you know exactly what you need to be working towards when you’re going through eating disorder, disordered eating or hypothalamic amenorrhea recovery.
In this episode my co-host Elyse and I discuss:
- Why flexibility with your workout routine in so important and how this looks in real life
- How to let go of exercise you hate and focus on workouts you love
- Ways of identifying if exercise is fitting into your life or ruling your life and dictating your schedule
- Why you should make functionality related goals when it comes to working out
- What a health-at-every-size and non-diet approach to exercise actually looks like
- How to stop using exercise to earn or burn off the food you’ve eaten
- What to do if skipping a workout makes you feel guilty, lazy, anxious or stressed
- What “listening to your body” means when it comes to exercise and your workouts
- Plus Elyse and I share our own personal experiences of how we healed our relationships with exercise and now have a fun and flexible approach to our workouts
❤️ Better Balance Training will help you feel strong, confident and empowered in your body through a caring and compassionate approach to fitness. Click here to get started.
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.