When it comes to hypothalamic amenorrhea recovery, there is a lot of emphasis that gets placed on eating enough and reducing exercise, but what about the impact of stress?
Both psychological stress and physical stress can both cause and be a consequence of hypothalamic amenorrhea.
In today’s episode we discuss:
- How stress causes hypothalamic amenorrhea
- Whether stress is a contributing factor to your missing period
- The different types of stress out there and how they show up in your life
- The scientific pathways on how stress and stress hormones affect your sex hormones and menstrual cycle
- The interplay between anxiety and hypothalamic amenorhhea recovery
- What to do if you think stress is the cause of your missing period
- Ways to manage your stress during hypothalamic amenorrhea recovery
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.