Today I’m joined with Isabel Dawkes, a Registered Nutritional Therapist specialising in disordered eating and women’s health conditions such as PCOS, endometriosis and hypothalamic amenorrhea. Her previous life as chef and love of food is what inspired her to pursue further studies to help others discover that food can be both nutritious as well as enjoyable and delicious. In this episode we’re chatting all about the differences between binge eating, emotional eating and overeating.
In today’s podcast we discuss:
- Isabel’s past as a private chef and her current work in the eating disorder recovery space
- What binge eating actually is and the differences between a subjective and objective binge
- The signs and symptoms of binge eating disorder
- The difference between unconditional permission to eat and binge eating
- Why emotional eating isn’t inherently bad
- Positive and negative emotional eating
- Building a toolbox of strategies to overcome binge eating or emotional eating
- The definition of overeating and why or when it can happen
- Ways to overcome binge eating, emotional eating or episodes of overeating as you work towards recovery
Follow Isabel online @isabeldawkes_health
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.