Body dissatisfaction, or hating your body, is scarily common and has been strongly linked to the development of disordered eating behaviours and eating disorders.
This is because, in an attempt to control or change their body and appearance, many people resort to negative eating and exercise patterns, in the hope that they’ll “like” their body more as a result.
However this is almost never the case as body dissatisfaction has much more to do with your thoughts and perceptions than your actual body size.
In today’s episode of Holistic Health Radio you’ll learn:
- What body dissatisfaction is
- The signs and symptoms of body dissatisfaction
- Why your body isn’t often the problem, but usually becomes the scapegoat
- How to zoom out and put your appearance goals in perspective
- Ways to challenge your negative thought patterns about your body
- How to separate your self-worth from your physical appearance
- The difference between what health actually is versus what we think health should “look like”
- Tips for reducing body checking and avoidance behaviours
- Why positive body image is not a final destination, but instead, a daily practice
❤️ Ready to improve your body image? Join the next round of Building Better Body Image! This 12-week program a loving and healthy relationship with your body from the inside out. Click here to join the waitlist.
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Looking for a supportive recovery community? Click here to join Recovery Club and start your journey to full recovery today.
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.