In this episode Louisa exposes the dangers of diet culture in the dance world including:
- How disordered eating is normalised
- Common nutrition myths perpetuated by dance teachers
- A snapshot of what life was like as a professional dancer
- When she first got her period and the negative meaning she attached to it because of a dance class experience
- How easy it is to get caught in the trap of “I’ll be happy when…”
- The impact underfuelling had on Louisa’s mental health and happiness
- What she did to start fuelling her body correctly and repairing her relationship with food
- Her experience with the oral contraceptive pill and how she regained her period once coming off of it
- The changes Louisa hopes to create by injecting education into the dance world through the Train Like A Ballerina App and Academy
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.