Exercise is something that is incredibly healthy but becomes unhealthy when overdone. When used moderately to maintain physical and mental health, and/or when used in conjunction with an appropriate amount of nourishment, exercise has a whole host of incredible benefits.
But in the case of exercise addiction, yes; too much of a good thing can yield negative consequences.
In today’s episode Lucy and I explore speak in depth about exercise addiction including:
- Whether exercise addiction is formally recognised as a diagnosis
- How common exercise addiction is across the population, athletes and gym attendees
- Who is at a higher risk of developing exercise addiction
- The two main types of exercise addiction – primary and secondary exercise addiction
- Signs and symptoms of primary exercise addiction
- Signs and symptoms of secondary exercise addiction
- How do you know if you’re doing “too much” exercise?
- The law of diminishing returns and how it applies to the benefits of exercise
- Treatment options for primary and secondary exercise addiction
- Where to get help if you do feel like you’re struggling with your relationship with exercise
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.