Nobody is immune to comparison. We do it in our work lives, and even more so in our personal lives where social media makes us believes that others are doing better than us.
When you throw recovery into the mix, comparison can be an even trickier behaviour to navigate. This is because comparison can be super sneaky and you may not even realise you’re doing it!
In this week’s podcast co-host Lucy and I discuss sneaky ways we compare ourselves in ED & HA recovery including:
- Ways we compare ourself to… ourself and how this can be really destructive
- How body comparison shows up and what to do about it
- What food comparison actually looks like and how to break this habit
- Why “what I eat in a day” videos are so dangerous for recovery comparison
- How comparing the duration of your recovery can add frustration to your journey
- Social situation comparison including ranking your body size against others and how to overcome this
- What to do if you notice exercise comparison showing up in your recovery journey
- Why comparing your recovery wins to other people’s successes can lead to feeling let down by your own progress
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Looking for a supportive recovery community? Click here to join Recovery Club and start your journey to full recovery today.
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.