Today I’m joined exercise physiologist, Courtney Polock who runs an online exercise physiology clinic specialising in women’s health and pelvic floor dysfunction.
Many people assume you only need to think about your pelvic floor health when pregnant, but that simply isn’t true. Hormones and eating disorders can have a huge impact on pelvic floor health and function, which is why I’m so excited to talk to Courtenay today.
In this episode Courtenay and I discuss:
- What the pelvic floor is and what it does
- Common signs and symptoms of pelvic floor dysfunction
- Why Kegel exercises simply aren’t enough for a strong pelvic floor
- The impact of hormonal fluctuations and low energy availability on pelvic floor strength
- Factors that increase your risk for pelvic floor dysfunction
- How eating disorders can weaken the pelvic floor
- What breathing techniques are best to optimise pelvic floor activation (and which breathing techniques to avoid)
- How to prime your pelvic floor so you stay strong and continent during your workouts
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.