Sometimes tough love is the best kind of love, especially when it comes to your recovery journey. While self-compassion is essential, these hard truths might hit home for you and help you get out of your own way so you can truly reach full recovery.
In this podcast we discuss:
- 10 hard truths about recovery
- Are you doing just enough or what is optimal for your recovery
- Weight gain as a necessity and how to overcome the fear of restoring your weight in order to restore your health
- How high intensity exercise can’t simply be cancelled out by eating more in recovery
- Accepting that there are no short cuts in recovery
- Making the big changes that will propel your recovery instead of focusing on tiny little ones
- Searching for the answers you want instead of accepting the truth about what you need to change to recover
- The problem with only wanting to gain weight as muscle mass in recovery
- Sneaky compensation such as reducing your training intensity or volume but then increasing walking
- Why stress management is so important to regaining your period
- Body image work and why it’s so critical to recovery maintenance
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Looking for a supportive recovery community? Click here to join Recovery Club and start your journey to full recovery today.
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.