The “I’m not sick enough” narrative is a common one that comes up with those who have hypothalamic amenorrhea or disordered eating. It can often happen if you feel you don’t perfectly fit a diagnosis of disordered eating or an eating disorder, the comparison trap of others being “worse than you”, or disordered behaviours being normalised by society.
In this podcast we breakdown:
- The main reasons you may not feel “sick enough”
- What to do if your symptoms don’t fit into the DSM-5 criteria for an eating disorder
- The misconception of weight or BMI being a representation of how much you are suffering when struggling with disordered eating or compulsive exercise
- Why early intervention is so beneficial to recovery
- 5 key steps to break down the “I’m not sick enough” mentality so you can get the help you need and deserve to recover guilt-free
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Looking for a supportive recovery community? Click here to join Recovery Club and start your journey to full recovery today.
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.