How do you overcome the mental obstacles in recovery? This was a questioned I got asked the other day on Instagram. Oftentimes there’s a huge gap between knowing what we NEED to be doing in recovery and actually DOING it.
But what stops us?
Oftentimes it’s the fears and worries that create these huge obstacles. Today I’m going to explore the most common obstacles I see come up for clients in recovery and how to overcome them.
In this episode I discuss:
- The fear of weight gain – where it comes from, how it impacts your recovery, and ways to challenge it
- Ignoring hunger – why we do it, where we learnt hunger was “bad”, and how to start listening and responding to it more
- Fearing fullness – similar to hunger the beliefs we have about fullness have been warped by society. I unpack these to help you realise fullness is nothing to fear
- Taking a body-only or mind-only approach to recovery – a big obstacle as you truly need a connected mind-body approach for recovery
- Avoiding discomfort – probably THE most common obstacle because it’s tough to choose being uncomfortable repeatedly so I give you some helpful tips to navigate big emotions so you can keep choosing recovery aligned behaviours
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.