Exercise is praised for the many mental and physical health benefits it gives us, so you’ve probably wondered “is it ever unhealthy to stop exercising?”
This question might be even more front of mind if you’re currently in recovery from an eating disorder, disordered eating or hypothalamic amenorrhea.
People’s experience with exercise in recovery varies greatly and with so many more individuals sharing their journey online it can be confusing to figure out what is the best thing for you to do and also if taking a break from movement altogether is healthy or unhealthy?
In this podcast Lucy McConnell and I discuss:
- What exercise looked like during our own recovery from an eating disorder and hypothalamic amenorrhea
- Understanding exercise in the context of what your body needs most right now: movement or rest?
- Exercise and coping with stress
- Uncovering and being honest with your workout intentions
- Being able to stop, change or be flexible with your workouts in recovery
- How movement (both structured and incidental) needs to fit into your overall recovery plan
- Questions to ask yourself to figure out the healthiest approach to exercise in hypothalamic amenorrhea or eating disorder recovery
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Looking for a supportive recovery community? Click here to join Recovery Club and start your journey to full recovery today.
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.