This week on the podcast I’m joined by personal trainer, group fitness instructor and student exercise physiologist Elyse Lawry. Elyse has recovered from HA herself and now uses her story and experience to inspire others to do the same.
In this episode Elyse and I discuss:
- When her period first went missing
- How she got diagnosed with HA
- Her recovery journey and how her relationship with food and exercise changed through the process
- Learning to accept weight gain and her top tips for improving body image
- What happened after her first period returned
- Her experience with cycle length for periods 2 and 3
- How she navigated her return to exercise and what it’s like being back in the gym post-HA
- Her best advice for those currently going through recovery from hypothalamic amenorrhea
You can follow Elyse on Instagram @yourperiodpt
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.