This week on the podcast Lucy McConnell and I are talking about the biggest mistakes and road blocks people face in hypothalamic amenorrhea recovery.
In this episode we discuss:
- The impact of standing and walking vs. structured exercise on your energy expenditure
- Throwing the towel in too early (and how long HA recovery can actually take)
- The problem with getting stuck on being a certain weight or BMI and not letting yourself go above this
- Being super healthy in recovery and the implications on that for achieving total food freedom
- Only doing “just enough” when it comes to lifestyle changes
- High volume foods and the problems they can cause on your GI tract and recovery
- Exercise as your only stress management tool
- Leaving body checking and avoidance behaviours unchecked
- Numbing out instead of working through emotions
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.