Today on the podcast Lucy McConnell and I discuss the interplay between meal timing, sex hormone production and recovery from hypothalamic amenorrhea.
In this episode we cover:
- The impact of fasting on sex hormone and cortisol production
- The research around amenorrheic and eumenorrheic athletes and their whole day energy balance
- Where people go wrong – fitness and fasting.
- Why women do better with fuelled workouts
- Breaking the myth of fasted exercise and “fat burning”
- Does when you eat matter in HA recovery?
- How often you should be eating in HA recovery
- Recommendations for meal timing in HA recovery
- Overcoming the “I’m too busy” excuse with some meal planning tips and tricks
- How to stay well fuelled during the day in HA recovery if you have an active job e.g. as a fitness professional
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Looking for a supportive recovery community? Click here to join Recovery Club and start your journey to full recovery today.
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.