Today I’m joined by Shreen El Masry, a non-diet, body inclusive personal trainer and certified intuitive eating counsellor.
Shreen is passionate about changing the narrative that diet culture has ingrained in many women by helping them achieve body acceptance. She helps women have fun with movement and find food freedom through a supportive, non-judgmental and compassionate community.
Based in Sydney, Australia, Shreens program ‘Be You Be Free’ values, welcomes, celebrates and respects all bodies.
Shreen discovered the HAES community through her own recovery from an eating disorder and hypothalamic amenorrhea, giving her the inspiration to help other women do the same.
Today Shreen and I discuss:
- Shreen’s journey from a life surrounded by diet culture to becoming a successful mother and business owner with a passion for helping others
- How gym environments need to change with an emphasis on the awareness needed around women looking after their bodies
- Why creating HAES judgement free spaces is so important
- Shreen’s own battle with an eating disorder and how she worked to shift her mindset around food and exercise
- Hypothalamic amenorrhea, Shreen’s diagnosis and how she healed her body
- Why Hypothalamic Amenorrhea recovery was the ‘final step’
Follow Shreen on Instagram
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you’ll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook “31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image”
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Looking for a supportive recovery community? Click here to join Recovery Club and start your journey to full recovery today.
❤️ Signature 1:1 Recovery Coaching from qualified health professionals you trust! Sarah and her team will help you ditch disorered eating, recover your period, find food freedom and regain the life you deserve. Fill out the contact form to get started
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I’ll be sure to reshare.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
The Healing HA program gives you the exact steps to getting your hormones, period and fertility back WITHOUT the overwhelm or loneliness of trying to do it on your own.
In just 8-weeks, you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery, so you can get your period back AND make sure it sticks around forever while improving your relationship with food.