Holistic Health Radio Episode 6: How To Make Your Social Media A Safe Space
Click below to listen to Episode 6 of Holistic Health Radio. You can also subscribe and listen on Apple Podcasts or Spotify so you never miss an episode. If you enjoy the content be sure to say hi and leave us a 5-star review.
Listen & Subscribe
Click above to listen to Episode 6 of Holistic Health Radio. You can also subscribe and listen on Apple Podcasts or Spotify so you never miss an episode. If you enjoy the content be sure to say hi and leave us a 5-star review.
Today I want to touch on the topic of social media and how we can make it a safe, inclusive and health promoting space for us to hangout. I think the whole reason I started to think about this topic was because I started to take a long hard look at how I was using my social media.
You can read more about why I’ve decided to change the types of images I post on Instagram here, and the type of content you expect going forward.
In this podcast I discuss:
- The importance of my brand and its message on social media
- The responsibility influencers and larger media accounts have in the way they represent health, body types, and talk about mental health
- The barometer I use for deciding whether or not to post something
- How social media can lead to poor mental health outcomes
- The power of a social media detox
- Ways to create healthy boundaries around social media, plus
- How to curate your feel-good feed and ‘keep it real’
Links & Resources
Holistic Health Radio Episode 3: Body Positivity & Self-Love versus Body Neutrality
Mindframe Guidelines for Reporting & Portrayal of Eating Disorders
Hi future friends, I’m Sarah King, an Accredited Exercise Physiologist and health coach.
Science, not trends is the foundation of my approach. By nourishing the body and mind with scientific facts we can build foundations for a life of realness, not just wellness.