Gluten Free Salted Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
GLUTEN FREE SALTED DARK CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Makes 18 Cookies
Prep + cooking time: 45 mins
- 1.5 cups blanched almond flea
- 1 cup gluten free plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 170g dairy free spread or butter, melted
- 1 cup loosely backed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g dark chocolate chips or bars broken into chunks (70% or higher and check to ensure dairy free if needed)
- Course sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F or 165 degrees C. Line a baking sheet or two with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond meal, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the dairy free spread/butter, brown sugar and white sugar until combined. Mixture should be light and fluffy (this takes about 4 – 5 minutes).
- Add in the eggs one at a time and beat until combined. Add vanilla and beat again until mixed through. With the mixer on low speed, beat in the dry ingredients until just combined. Beat in the chocolate chips/chunks.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop or drop 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of dough on to the baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between. Sprinkle each dough ball with coarse salt.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly golden or to your preferred texture (some people like chewy and some people like crunchy cookies!) Let cool completely before serving.
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
Sarah King is an Exercise Physiologist and Health Coach specialising in helping women recover from Hypothalamic Amenorrhea, disordered eating and eating disorders, and body image concerns.
Her signature 8-week program Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea is the go-to course for women wanting to recover their period for good, rediscover food freedom, find balance with fitness and feel more body confident.
Click below to join the next round!
Hi future friends, I’m Sarah King, an Accredited Exercise Physiologist and health coach.
Science, not trends is the foundation of my approach. By nourishing the body and mind with scientific facts we can build foundations for a life of realness, not just wellness.