Flaxseed Crackers with Avocado Edamame Dip
These crackers are crispy, light and full of flavour and pair beautifully with the avocado dip. I also love breaking up a few and sprinkly them over salads, or simply munching on a few for a snack.
(GF, DF, Vegan)
- 1 cup brown whole flaxseeds
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds or hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 cups water
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and stir together to combine. Set bowl aside to let seeds soak and expand for 30 – 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 120°C and line 2 trays with baking paper.
- Evenly distribute seed mixture between trays and smooth into a thin flat layer.
- Use a knife to roughly score the mixture. This will make them easier to break once cooked.
- Cook for 1 hour 15 minutes in the oven. Then carefully flip the crackers and cook for a further 30 – 40 minutes. You want them to be really dry, but watch to make sure they don’t burn!
- Allow crackers to cool completely before breaking into pieces and serving with your favourite dip.
- Store leftovers in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
Avocado Edamame Dip
- 2 cups refrigerated shelled edamame
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves only
- ¼ cup garlic infused olive oil
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 limes, juiced (about ¼ cup)
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1 medium avocado, flesh only
- Extra edamame, toasted sesame seeds and chilli flakes to serve
- Place all ingredients into a high-powered blender or food processor.
- Process mixture for 30 – 60 seconds or until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with extra edamame, sesame seeds and chilli flakes.
- Serve with flaxseed crackers or veggie sticks.
READY TO BREAK FREE FROM FOOD AND BODY OBSESSION?
If you spend far too much time and energy thinking about your next meal, get down on yourself for having more than your daily allocated share of dark chocolate, or feel stuck in the binge-restrict cycle and are ready to reclaim your health, passions and life then the Body Freedom Academy is right for you.
This 6-week program with me is designed to transform your mindset through gentle, intuitive eating principles that set you up for a sustainable positive relationship with food and body.
Hi future friends, I’m Sarah King, an Accredited Exercise Physiologist and health coach.
Science, not trends is the foundation of my approach. By nourishing the body and mind with scientific facts we can build foundations for a life of realness, not just wellness.