Episode 83: Why am I so tired all the time? Reasons for fatigue in Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery
You’re eating more and exercising less, so you should be feeling super energised right? Well this isn’t the case for everyone going through recovery from hypothalamic amenorrhea or for those working on weight restoration from an eating disorder. Oftentimes it’s the exact opposite – overwhelming fatigue that seems to come out of nowhere!
In this episode I explain the fatigue phenomenon and cover off topics including:
- What repair work needs to be done and how much energy this requires (you’ll love the Willy Wonka reference here)
- How exercise often gives you a false “high” and the reasons behind why you feel more tired now when you’re doing less
- The interplay between what you eat and your energy levels
- Rewiring your brain, mental fatigue, and how that impacts your physical energy levels
- Why sleep is super important and the factors that can prevent you from getting a restful night of shuteye
- Micronutrients you may be missing and how that can lead to fatigue
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
Sarah King is an Exercise Physiologist and Health Coach specialising in helping women recover from Hypothalamic Amenorrhea, disordered eating and eating disorders, and body image concerns.
Her signature 8-week program Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea is the go-to course for women wanting to recover their period for good, rediscover food freedom, find balance with fitness and feel more body confident.
Click below to join the next round!
Hi future friends, I’m Sarah King, an Accredited Exercise Physiologist and health coach.
Science, not trends is the foundation of my approach. By nourishing the body and mind with scientific facts we can build foundations for a life of realness, not just wellness.