Episode 82: The 10 Things I Wish I Knew About Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery
Welcome back to Holistic Health Radio! Today we take a break from looking at the science of how Hypothalamic Amenorrhea affects the body, and look more into personal experience of what recovery can feel like for those going through it.
As a professional I am always explaining the science, but equally helping women come to terms with the mindset shifts and self-acceptance needed to get through the process of recovering their period. A lot of this episode talks about things I wish I knew (or someone had told me) about Hypothalamic Amenorrhea recovery as I think it would have made life a lot easier.
In this episode I discuss:
- Why 2500 calories isn’t a magical number
- How to deal with body changes and your wardrobe situation
- Why you might find yourself crying more often and how to be kind to yourself on those harder days
- How hard weight gain can be – physically, mentally, and emotionally
- Why your period might not be perfect when it first comes back
- Ways to eat to meet your energy requirements without feeling overly full
- Giving up exercise – is it temporary or forever?
- How to stop comparing yourself to others going through recovery
- Is life really as good as everyone says it is? What life is really like after recovery from Hypothalamic Amenorrhea
Holistic Health Radio
Featuring interviews with interesting guests and experts, we bring you the personal stories and the science on how to create a healthier relationship with food, exercise, mind and body. Check out more episodes on iTunes below.
Hi future friends, I’m Sarah King, an Accredited Exercise Physiologist and health coach.
Science, not trends is the foundation of my approach. By nourishing the body and mind with scientific facts we can build foundations for a life of realness, not just wellness.