Episode 80: Extreme Hunger: What Is It, Why It Happens and How to Deal with It
Extreme hunger can be a confusing and anxiety-provoking experience for many recovering from an eating disorder, hypothalamic amenorrhea, or restrictive dieting, but having a better understanding of what it is, and why it happens can often making dealing with it much easier.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What extreme hunger is and who it affects
- Why extreme hunger happens
- How to respond when extreme hunger hits
- My own personal experience of mental hunger and what I wish I knew before it happened
- Ways of dealing with a fear of hunger
- What foods to eat or avoid when extreme hunger strikes
Holistic Health Radio
Featuring interviews with interesting guests and experts, we bring you the personal stories and the science on how to create a healthier relationship with food, exercise, mind and body. Check out more episodes on iTunes below.
Hi future friends, I’m Sarah King, an Accredited Exercise Physiologist and health coach.
Science, not trends is the foundation of my approach. By nourishing the body and mind with scientific facts we can build foundations for a life of realness, not just wellness.