Episode 66: Nutrition, Fitness & Lifestyle Changes for PCOS vs Hypothalamic Amenorrhea
The reason for this episode was that often times I get clients who come to me as misdiagnosed with something termed “lean PCOS” when in actual fact the underlying condition they have is Hypothalamic Amenorrhea (abbreviated as HA).
The episode covered the signs and symptoms of each, why ultrasound or the appearance of polycystic ovaries is not enough to constitute a diagnosis of PCOS and can sometimes be apparent in Hypothalamic Amenorrhea. I also mentioned the proper questions your health professional should ask you in order to get the right diagnosis.
So, if you haven’t had a listen to that episode, press pause on this one and go back and listen to episode 65.
Following on from that episode in Part 2 we’re talking treatment.
In today’s podcast I’m going to discuss:
- How to identify the root cause of your PCOS
- The 4 different types of PCOS
- Nutrition recommendations for PCOS
- The best types of cardio, interval and strength training you can do if you have PCOS
- The impact of exercise on insulin resistance in PCOS
- How to identify the underlying causes if you have Hypothalamic Amenorrhea
- The 3 essential nutrition changes you must make to recover from hypothalamic amenorrhea (hint: calories aren’t enough)
- How much and what kind of exercise is best for hypothalamic amenorrhea recovery
- If you need to give up exercise altogether to recover from hypothalamic amenorrhea
- Why sleep and managing stress are also incredibly important factors for managing PCOS and recovering from hypothalamic amenorrhea
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
Sarah King is an Exercise Physiologist and Health Coach specialising in helping women reconnect with their bodies, regain their menstrual cycles, and improve their relationship with food and exercise.
Through her 1:1 Health Coaching Sessions clients learn to nourish their bodies without guilt, move for joy, improve body image and self worth, plus recover from Hypothalamic Amenorrhea and get their period pack if it’s gone missing.
Click below to book your free discovery call and get started.
Hi future friends, I’m Sarah King, an Accredited Exercise Physiologist and health coach.
Science, not trends is the foundation of my approach. By nourishing the body and mind with scientific facts we can build foundations for a life of realness, not just wellness.