Episode 62: All things metabolism, macronutrients, and female nutrition with sports dietitian Taylor Ryan
Today on Holistic Health Radio, I’m joined by Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) & Accredited Sports Dietitian, Taylor Ryan. Taylor’s experience stems within the sports performance realm, where she has predominately worked with strength and conditioning athletes from recreational to elite standards (particularly within CrossFit, powerlifting and weightlifting fields).
Taylor’s passion for performance-based sports nutrition developed from her personal experience in Olympic weightlifting where she competed nationally, within a specific weight class category. It is at this time that she learnt that being mindful of nutritional choices plays an integral role in any health and fitness goal achievement.
Her goals as an Accredited Sports Dietitian and Coach is to ensure her clients are achieving their results from both a physical and emotional standpoint. As we all know, nutrition is far more complicated than just the foods we eat. It can affect our mood, our hormones, our metabolism, our sleep and so much more.
I’m incredibly excited to pick Taylor’s brain on all things metabolism, macronutrients and female nutrition.
In this episode we will cover:
- Taylor’s work as a dietitian and sports dietitian and the main clientele she works with
- What exactly is metabolism and the different factors that effect it to speed it up or slow it down
- Nutrition myths surrounding carbs, protein and other macros and diet trends that hold us back from being our healthiest selves or reaching our highest performance
- The truth about carbs and why we need them
- Plus the pros and cons of counting macros and how to eat a balanced diet without becoming obsessive about the numbers
Holistic Health Radio
Featuring interviews with interesting guests and experts, we bring you the personal stories and the science on how to create a healthier relationship with food, exercise, mind and body. Check out more episodes on iTunes below.
Hi future friends, I’m Sarah King, an Accredited Exercise Physiologist and health coach.
Science, not trends is the foundation of my approach. By nourishing the body and mind with scientific facts we can build foundations for a life of realness, not just wellness.