Episode 43. Thinsanity: how society’s obsession with thinness is ruining our health with psychologist Glenn Mackintosh
Today I’m joined by author, psychologist and founder of Weight Management Psychology Glenn Mackintosh. His public work has seen him accept the challenging position as consultant psychologist for Ten’s The Biggest Loser: Transformed and his work also features regularly in the media.
Similar in my ethos, Glenn is passionate about helping his clients break free from yo-yo dieting and develop naturally healthy habits that last for life.
However, this approach is still small in comparison to the overwhelming presence of diet culture and society’s obsession with thinness.
In this episode Glenn and I discuss:
- His time on the biggest loser and what it taught him
- Why the obsession with thinness is ruining our health
- Mindset shifts you need to make in order to give up fad dieting for good
- Plus, the simple steps you can take that really transform your health
Glenn is a psychologist who’s incredibly passionate about helping people transcend eating, physical activity, weight and body image struggles and advocating for the inclusive, evidence-based care of people who have these concerns.
To find out more about Glenn you can:
- Follow him on Instagram @glennmackintosh
- Find him on Facebook @GlennMackintoshWMP
- Check out his website https://www.weightmanagementpsychology.com.au/
- Or Order his book Thinsanity
Holistic Health Radio
Featuring interviews with interesting guests and experts, we bring you the personal stories and the science on how to create a healthier relationship with food, exercise, mind and body. Check out more episodes on iTunes below.
Hi future friends, I’m Sarah King, an Accredited Exercise Physiologist and health coach.
Science, not trends is the foundation of my approach. By nourishing the body and mind with scientific facts we can build foundations for a life of realness, not just wellness.