Episode 31: Nailing Your Nutrition for Health & Performance with Sports Dietitian Alicia Edge
All too often fad diet messages skew our perception of what a healthy diet actually is, and how much energy the body really requires when it comes to reaching our health and fitness goals.
In today’s episode of Holistic Health Radio, Sports Dietitian Alicia Edge from Compeat Nutrition and I are going to separate myth from fact and give you the lowdown on nutrition for performance, to help you thrive as you work towards your health, fitness or sports related goals.
Topics we’ll be covering today include:
- What is sports nutrition and who is it relevant for? Do you have to be an athlete to benefit?
- The most common pitfalls people fall into in terms of their diet when living an active lifestyle
- Consequences of RED-S (Relative Energy Deficiency in Sport) and how to combat this through adjustments in training and nutrition
- Are supplements, such as protein powders, really necessary for performance?
- Are sports and nutrition supplements safe? And if so which ones?
- Alicia’s top tips for pre and post workout nutrition
Advanced Sports Dietitian
Alicia Edge is an advanced sports dietitian and founder of Compeat Nutrition, an online platform dedicated to providing education and support for athletes of all levels.
Their programs are built to facilitate change and help clients achieve their health and performance goals through appropriate sports nutrition strategies.
Click here to find out more about Compeat Nutrition
You can also follow them on Instagram @compeat_nutrition
READY TO BREAK FREE FROM FOOD AND BODY OBSESSION?
If you spend far too much time and energy thinking about your next meal, get down on yourself for having more than your daily allocated share of dark chocolate, or feel stuck in the binge-restrict cycle and are ready to reclaim your health, passions and life then the Body Freedom Academy is right for you.
This 6-week program with me is designed to transform your mindset through gentle, intuitive eating principles that set you up for a sustainable positive relationship with food and body.
Hi future friends, I’m Sarah King, an Accredited Exercise Physiologist and health coach.
Science, not trends is the foundation of my approach. By nourishing the body and mind with scientific facts we can build foundations for a life of realness, not just wellness.