Episode 29: What is Intuitive Eating and Is It Right For You?
What exactly is intuitive eating and how do you know if it’s the right approach for you?
I first discovered intuitive eating at the end of my recovery from an eating disorder. After being on a meal plan for so long I didn’t know how to trust my body, my hunger or fullness signals, and still had a few food hang-ups I needed to get over.
I was also turning to food as emotional support instead of the previous restriction I was used to which was causing me a lot of anxiety.
However, I can honestly say Intuitive Eating was a game changer and gave me the body freedom I had been searching for through endless other approaches.
As I learned to listen and honour my body, I realised that I needed to share this method with the world — so here we are!
Honestly, intuitive eating really is for everyone and in this podcast I unpack the 10 principles of intuitive eating, how each one can benefit you, and the best ways to get started.
In this podcast I’ll cover:
- What is intuitive eating?
- The 10 principles of intuitive eating
- How to spot fake intuitive eating (e.g. hunger/fullness diet or coopting intuitive eating for weight loss)
- The benefits of intuitive eating? And are there any drawbacks?
- How to figure out if intuitive eating is right for you
- My own personal journey transitioning to intuitive eating after recovery from anorexia
- 5 easy ways you can get started with intuitive eating that are simple and can be implemented straight away
READY TO BREAK FREE FROM FOOD AND BODY OBSESSION?
If you spend far too much time and energy thinking about your next meal, get down on yourself for having more than your daily allocated share of dark chocolate, or feel stuck in the binge-restrict cycle and are ready to reclaim your health, passions and life then the Body Freedom Academy is right for you.
This 6-week program with me is designed to transform your mindset through gentle, intuitive eating principles that set you up for a sustainable positive relationship with food and body.
Hi future friends, I’m Sarah King, an Accredited Exercise Physiologist and health coach.
Science, not trends is the foundation of my approach. By nourishing the body and mind with scientific facts we can build foundations for a life of realness, not just wellness.