Easy 20 Minute Dinner: Miso Maple Salmon
In true Jamie Oliver style I “banged this one together” with a few ingredients I had on hand, whacked it in the oven and voila – 20 minutes later I had a cracking dinner on the table (I hope you read that in his British accent too). Seriously though this dish is easy peasy, only costs a coupla quid, and is destined to be a family favourite. Ok, ok I’ll stop stealing his words now.
Miso Maple Salmon
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 x 180g Salmon Fillets
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp soy sauce (GF if required)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp water
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 head of broccoli
- ½ cup tri-colour quinoa
- Soy sauce and lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat oven to 200° C and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Place salmon fillets on tray.
- Mix together the grated ginger, miso, maple syrup, lemon juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and water in a small bowl.
- Drizzle miso maple sauce over salmon then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cook in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- While salmon is baking, cook the quinoa for 12 minutes in a pot of boiling water and steam the broccoli for 4 – 5 minutes until tender but still crisp.
- Plate everything up and serve with extra soy sauce and lemon wedges.
Hi future friends, I’m Sarah King, an Accredited Exercise Physiologist and health coach.
Science, not trends is the foundation of my approach. By nourishing the body and mind with scientific facts we can build foundations for a life of realness, not just wellness.