69. Weight stigma, fatphobia and how to overcome the fear of weight gain
While weight stigma and fatphobia directly affect people who identify as fat, it can also affect people in smaller bodies too by keeping them stuck in poor relationships with food, exercise and their body.
So, in today’s episode my I’m going to chat through:
- What weight stigma and fatphobia actually are
- Sneaky ways that weight stigma and fatphobia show up in our culture
- How these societal constructs impact our thoughts and beliefs around our own weight and therefore our belief about our self-worth
- Common weight stigma thoughts and beliefs and how to overcome them
- How to overcome your fear of weight gain so you can healing your hormones from hypothalamic amenorrhea, finding food freedom and improving your relationship with exercise
Download your FREE Body Confidence (for life) eBook by heading to https://sarahlizking.com/
Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Period Back?
Sarah King is an Exercise Physiologist and Health Coach specialising in helping women reconnect with their bodies and improve their relationship with food and exercise.
Through her 1:1 Health Coaching Sessions clients learn to nourish their bodies without guilt, move for joy, improve body image and self worth, plus recover from Hypothalamic Amenorrhea and get their period pack if it’s gone missing.
Click below to book your free discovery call and get started.
Hi future friends, I’m Sarah King, an Accredited Exercise Physiologist and health coach.
Science, not trends is the foundation of my approach. By nourishing the body and mind with scientific facts we can build foundations for a life of realness, not just wellness.